Who we are
The Friends of the Festus Public Library is an organization of people who think the Festus Public Library is one of the most important institutions in our town. We want to supplement the library budget to ensure that Festus will always have an outstanding, up-to-date library which will be the pride of the community.
The Friends help the Library fulfill its role in the community by fundraising, promotion, and volunteering our time.
What we do
The Friends raise money by direct donation, book sales, the annual Christmas sale, and other projects. The Library uses the money for special programs and other needs not covered in the annual operating budget.
what we've done
- Purchased outdoor electronic sign for $11,000
- Purchased lift to the basement for $2,500
- Purchased children's paperback books & prizes for Summer Reading Program
- Purchased four over-sized guest chairs for Lobby for $3,500
- Purchased children's Discovery table for $2,000
- Purchased Bookshelf for display books for $1,750
- Purchased two telescopes for $650
- Volunteered for yard sales, book sales, and special programs
- Front entry landscaping and maintenance
meetings and dues
Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month at 1:00 pm at the Library.
Dues are $10.00 per year, payable to The Friends of Festus Public Library.