BIDDING & REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The bidding and contract award process is governed by Section 150 "Procurement Policy" in the Municipal Code. Procurement of items or contracts $10,000 or more will be advertised and go through a Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualification (RFQ), or Bid Specification procedure. The city will open the bids or submittals in a public forum and read the amounts aloud unless otherwise specified in the specifications document. Bids under $10,000 do not require this same process but the city will make every effort to contact various vendors to receive quotes and achieve the lowest qualified quote for approval (Sign up for the bid list). Bids and Quotes $5,000 or more are presented to the council for approval.
Electronic Bidding System
City of Festus announces that we will be using Public Purchase, a web based e-Procurement service. In order to begin, or continue to receive bid notifications as a current vendor or a new vendor, please register with this new system. This process will only take a few minutes. The two-step registration process/instructions are detailed below in the Instruction section.
We will make the move from our current procurement system to Public Purchase effective May 2, 2016.
Register with Public Purchase
Use the link to begin the registration process. It can take up to 24 hours for your account to become active. You will receive an email from Public Purchase letting you know your account is activated. Be sure and add this email address to your contacts to avoid the bid notification emails being sent to your junk folder. If you are already registered with Public Purchase previously, please proceed directly to the next step.
Register with City of Festus
- Once you have received your activation email from Public Purchase log into the Public Purchase website and accept the terms and conditions of use.
- Select the "Tools" tab, click on the "Agencies" tab.
- This will take you to the agency search page. In the "Agency Name" box type in the name City of Festus. Leave the "new agency since" box blank. Make sure registration status says "ALL." Click on "search" this will bring up the agency below, to the far right of it you will see "view" and "Register" click on the "Register" link to complete the vendor registration with the City of Festus.
- It is important that this second part of the registration is complete or you will not receive notifications of upcoming quote opportunities from the City of Festus. It is your responsibility to keep the information up to date, particularly the contacts and email addresses. The City of Festus will continue to advertise in a paper of general circulation in accordance with the purchasing policy.
- Switching: Using this service will make the quoting process easier for us and our suppliers. The Public Purchase e-Procurement system was designed exclusively for use by Government Agencies and their Vendors.
- Benefits to Us: This e-Procurement system is compliant with all Federal and State regulations, which determine the required procedures for Government Agency purchasing practices. The service will also create an up to date vendor database, which will be hosted on Public Purchase's servers and will allow suppliers to easily update and change their information as needed.
- How It Benefits You: This e-Procurement system will create a single location in which to view open Requests for Quotation and award information for previous RFP's issued through the Public Purchase website. This system will also provide you with automatic notification and transmittal of bid solicitations to vendors. In addition, Public Purchase gives you access to bid opportunities with other government entities. All this is provided at no charge to you.
If you need any assistance with this process, please email Public Purchase Support. Or use their Live Chat during business hours.
Thank you for participating in City of Festus new registration process.