- Building and Planning
Building and Planning
The Festus Building and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Commercial / Residential / Industrial Building Permits
- Construction and Remodeling Plan Review and Inspections
- Enforcement of Solid Waste Ordinances
- Nuisance Violations
- Pool and Deck Installation
- Subdivision and Land Use Requirements
Call us with your questions. We’ll try to answer them over the phone, or we will visit and investigate your concern.
We Can Assist With...
- Building / Construction Codes (2009 IBC, IRC, IFC, 2008 Life Safety Code, 2008 National Electrical Code)
- Construction Plan Review (2009 IBC, IRC, IFC, 2008 Life Safety Code, 2008 National Electrical Code)
- Flood Plain Management (National Flood Insurance Program, FEMA, SEMA)
- High Grass / Weeds (Municipal Codes Chapter 215)
- Nuisances (Municipal Codes Chapter 215)
- Planning (Municipal Codes Chapter 400)
- Property Maintenance (2009 International Property Maintenance Code, Municipal Codes Chapter 215)
- Sign Regulations (Municipal Codes Chapter 405)
- Solid Waste Management (Municipal Codes Chapter 225)
- Stormwater Control (Municipal Codes Chapter 415)
- Subdivision Development (Municipal Codes Chapter 410)
- Zoning Ordinances (Municipal Codes Chapter 400)
We strive for the Building and Planning Department to be a valuable resource for the citizens of the City of Festus while fostering a friendly, open environment. Our reputation will be built on three principles:
- Fast, thorough, equitable service
- Part of the process and the solution
- What do I need to get a building permit?
- What inspections are required during construction?
- When is a Certificate of Occupancy required?
- What are the deck or porch installation requirements?
- Do I need a permit to build a fence? What are the requirements?
- What are the requirements for pool installation?
- What are the requirements for roof ice & water shield?