Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Since 2014, the cost of providing Police, Fire and Dispatch service to residents has risen more than $500,000. Additional economic pressure has come since 2017 when Public Safety Tax initiatives were successfully approved by voters in Franklin, Jefferson, St. Louis and Ste. Genevieve counties and municipalities like Crystal City, Desoto and Hillsboro. If approved by City voters, the Public Safety Penny will fund the following;
• Full Time Fire Chief
• Three Additional Full Time Firefighters
• Improve Accident Response
• Officer Retention with Competitive Salaries
• Increase School Resource Officer Training
• Crime Prevention and Reduction
• Dispatch & Radio Upgrades for Officer Safety
The Public Safety Penny will close a substantial budget deficit for capital equipment purchases such as vehicles, apparatus and radio equipment.